Monday, February 26, 2007

On my own time


Did you see this morning?

Have you seen this day?

This day is so beautiful, so clear-blue-sky and perfect-temperature beautiful that it gives me happiness just to be breathing the air of it. It felt so good to be at the park with Cheyenne this morning that I could not be bothered to pay attention to the time or anything else really other than absorbing the absolute glory of the morning. It felt the same kind of good that I felt when as a very young girl my father said he would buy me anything I wanted - in the hardware store - and I put my little hands into the buckets of nails and enjoyed the cold feeling of the metal and he patted my head and laughed that I chose a nail. One nail. Or the time my design was selected for my school's Christmas card. This morning at the park felt like those times, like something special was happening to me, but something that I had also earned. It felt like promise and hope and grace, and it felt alive. And so did I.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best moments are the one's where I set aside my hopes and fears about tomorrow and let go of yesterday's pain and regret. To be fully present in this moment is the only thing I have some days. It is enough. Every moment can be one of grace and beauty and serenity.

I'm glad you found such a moment today. I hope you find many, many more.

Anonymous said...

this made me smile. i hope you are. it sounds like it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I saw it. Yes, I did. It's glorious. Glad you saw that, too. And that you're feeling so alive today!

Anonymous said...

You did earn it. Every delicious second of it. I'm glad you took the time to enjoy it- too many people do not.

Sounds like the temp is in the 70's for you. We just got dumped with a couple of inches of wet, slushy snow. Not the beautiful-it's-so-quiet-in-the-snow...the gross stuff. Be glad you are in Texas!
-sdhb

Linda@VS said...

Reading these words from you makes me think of the first crocuses poking their heads out of the earth after a long, hard winter. I think you're beginning to bloom again. Good for you!