Sunday, February 10, 2008

Austin

My girl

I took this photo of my niece on Saturday afternoon. It was taken with a lens I bought in December but hadn't explored until this weekend. The lens allows you to be creative with the focal area, and to distort areas outside the focal point. It's sort of like a lateral depth of field. I like its watery results very much.

I also very much liked spending time with my niece and nephew this weekend. I liked sitting in their apartment with them, and I liked taking them to lunch. I liked listening to their voices, hearing them laugh, and having them near. I very much liked having them near.

4 comments:

Linda@VS said...

I bet they liked it as much as you did. There's nothing like family.

ghost said...

that is a killer photo.

nothing like family. no doubt.

Anonymous said...

spectacular pic! awesome use of that lens. i like the 60's-70's documentary feel it gives the photo. very nice.

Pony Writer said...

That is exactly how I remember my best friend from adolescence. They look just alike. Maybe you know her....