Friday, March 14, 2008

The surprise is the absence of Fleetwood Mac

One of the things that keeps me motivated when I work out is having my own music in my ears. The gym's music, though upbeat, does not move me to dig deeper or find the energy to continue even though a part of me might feel that I can't possibly lift another weight or complete the set, or stay on the bike for the ten more minutes I'm asking of myself. Certain songs simply pull that out of me, keep me going, fighting, moving. Lately, shuffling on my Shuffle, these are those.

Tom Petty - I Need to Know
OMD - Sailing on the Seven Seas
Nelly Furtado - Say it Right
Robert Palmer - Looking for Clues
The Hooters - All You Zombies
Jefferson Starship - Find Your Way Back
Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
Public Image Ltd. - Rise
Eminem - Lose Yourself
The The - Giant
Visage - Fade to Grey
Squeeze - Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)
Styx - Mr. Roboto
The Call - Everywhere I Go
Richie Havens - Here Comes the Sun
The Gourds - El Paso

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm already plotting how we can get music down at the arena. I especially love riding to classical Spanish guitar. Carmon

ghost said...

i didnt realize queen sang fat bottomed girls.

colorbars said...

ya gotta have "bicycle races" if you're gonna have "fat bottom girls" my .02

Linda@VS said...

Hmm. For obvious reasons, I bet "Fat Bottom Girls" is the most motivational work-out song on your whole list. ;-)

Duly Inspired said...

VS - FBG is a great motivator indeed!