Monday, February 13, 2006

This is the post where all I talk about is that muscle car because I think I'm in love with it and I know I can't wait to drive it home today

It's silver and black. It's fun and sexy. It's all mine for a week. Besides the fact that it won't have its top up one time between now and next Sunday (okay, unless it rains), what I really care about is that it has gigantic speakers in the door that remind me of the speakers my boyfriend had in college, the ones that he removed the covering from so he could show them off, as if you couldn't just figure out on your own that they were ridiculously enormous speakers that logically would have ridiculously enormous insides. The speakers in this car are a bit like that. And they work quite nicely too, those speakers do. I've got the player loaded with CDs already. I feel that I should be listening to the Doobie Brothers or maybe America, but I drove to work with Toby Keith instead.

I'm not sure if it's the car and blond hair combination, or maybe the car/blond hair/chocolate lab combination, but it sure has been drawing a lot of attention.

Muscle car II Muscle car I Muscle car V

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, okay, I'm pretty sure it's the fact that Cheyenne seems to be driving. Holy Toonces!
Then again, it might just be the blonde....

Anonymous said...

So go buy an American-made vehicle, already!

Adam said...

Note to self...start saving pocket change...get that beat up old jeep...paint obnoxious Texas flag on the hood...install similarly obnoxious speakers (use them for good music only)...load dog....drive as prescribed.

Looks like you'll have some good "top down" weather coming up.

Sass said...

Happy Valentines Day Alison. What a great gift for yourself.


Craving bubbly & good conversation. Talk soon.

Jess

Anonymous said...

so...why is this yours only for the week?

Duly Inspired said...

NG - Cheyenne hated it on Sunday but has since adjusted.

Anon - Chevy through and through but you know they messed that up for me.

Adam - Yours is the perfect idea.

Sass - Out of town in Austin after tomorrow. Next week, okay? In ink.

Ghost - The car wreck over a month ago. My car is still in the shop w/ a wiring problem. The Mustang was a free upgrade from the car rental place b/c the woman behind the counter was all too nice to me.