Friday, November 18, 2011

Chasing the blues away

This week has not been the best collection of days I've experienced in my life. Each morning, I've awoken with the same heavy heart that I carried into my sleep. Each day, I've not done much towards lifting my spirits. Instead, I wanted to allow myself to feel the grief and the sadness and, yes, some anger. I didn't want to drape any emotion over my shoulders that wasn't really there.

This morning though, I let the sunshine in. The morning was so blue sky, cool air crisp that it creeped into me and lifted my spirits. I decided to take my camera on my morning walk with the dogs, and see if I could spot some more things to help me feel better.

This burst of gold leaves was the first thing I spotted.

002

Then I noticed the pretty simplicity of this front porch.

008

Watching Cheyenne enjoy a good roll in the grass never fails to put a smile on my face.

009

Then I passed these two beauties and inhaled their sweet scent because that's what we're supposed to do, stop and smell the roses.

016 011

My girl and her shadow.

017

My neighbor's landscaping along the fence. I love the glossy green leaves and the tall ornamental grass.

015

Rounding the corner back home, I noticed how tall and lovely this River Birch is in my front yard. I planted it late last year. Every time I notice its sturdy progress, I smile.


024

I'm glad I took my camera with me this mornig as holding it in my hand reminded me to seek out the little things that I enjoy, and to let them go to work on my healing heart.

2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

One of the things I admire about you is your ability to "pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again." You're good at that and good at taking pictures, too. Love the photos.

Anonymous said...

I believe it is healthy to allow ourselves to grieve. The knowing "when to move on", is healthy too....even though I've failed miserably with the "moving on" a few times in my life...
sandy