Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blond moments

Her: I got a new monitor today, it's flat screen. Seems so much bigger, makes things look cartoonier.

Pause.

Her: Is that a word?

Me: No. It would be cartoonish, more cartoonish.

Her: Oh. And it tells me when I have new email.

Me: Um, I think that's the settings in your email program, not your monitor.

Her: Oh.

She's one of the most intelligent people I know. And at times, through absolutely no effort on her part, also one of the most amusing. I like my friends this way. Unfiltered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see this all the time, actually. I call it the "New Factor". Someone gets something new, whether it be hardware or software, then notices something that's always been there for the first time and is convinced that the new thing is what made it happen. Sometimes, it's a good thing, but not always.

But, yeah, that's kind of funny, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

unfiltered. great description.