Thursday, November 02, 2006

The underside of leaves

The coolest thing about tonight - and there were many cool things about tonight - would most certainly be the love she gave, the words she spoke, her hand reaching for and connecting with mine, the compassion, the excitement in her eyes. Sometimes the dice you roll, come right back to you in spades.

Have a little faith, that's all. I hope that I return that to her as well.

And this song I've listened to over and over again tonight has nothing to do with that, but everything to do with me.

For you, there'll be no more crying,
For you, the sun will be shining,
And I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright,
I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world
To you, I'll never be cold
cause I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright,
I know it's right.

And the songbirds are singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you,
I love you,
I love you,
Like never before.

And I wish you all the love in the world,
But most of all,
I wish it from myself.

And the songbirds keep singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you,
I love you,
I love you,
Like never before,
like never before.


` Songbird, Fleetwood Mac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its the small things. the tiny moments that give you breath.

Linda@VS said...

Sweet moments, Alison. Savor them.