Friday, October 16, 2009

Words for the day: Thank you

My waking thoughts this morning were of gratitude. Another day, another opportunity to give thanks, to be a friend, an Aunt, to open my mind to the lessons around me and open my eyes to the beauty around me. I stayed in bed, snuggling in the comfy disarray of the sheets and pillows, and letting my mind roll out the ribbon of all I am thankful for. There is so much. Then I excitedly jumped out of there and into my sweats, raced Cheyenne down the stairs, and together we set out for a long walk in this perfect weather.

And I wouldn't be me if I didn't have a camera in hand.

With these photos, I wish you a happy Friday and a good weekend. Perhaps you too will discover appreciation for the many gifts that are always present.

DSC01115
DSC01114
DSC01117
DSC01120
DSC01121

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Hey Alison - this post & your last one are truly inspiring. What beautiful writings! I'm so glad you're in a happy place and making the most of LIFE :) ~Zoe