Monday, December 14, 2009

The Master's Plan

I don't always understand it, the Lord's magnificent plan. Who am I kidding when I write, always?  I only get fleeting glimpses of comprehension, and those are rare at best. But I do trust in Him, even when his plan is painful to accept, especially when his plan is difficult to understand. The Lord's plans are not mine to know, and only through faith do I understand this to be true.  I will not angrily raise my fist in the air, and ask Why?  Instead, I humbly ask that He help me accept what I cannot change, that He guide me in keeping my promises, and that He lead me to where I am the most useful to His children.

This time, this present, is a terribly sad one, and yet a quiet and beautiful one. A bright light slowly fades, a circle completes itself before me.  This is a time where I hold Eclesiastes close to my heart. To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. 

DSC01476

1 comment:

Linda@VS said...

Hugs seem so inadequate, but I'm sending you some.