Thursday, June 29, 2006

Beware the turtle

Beware the turtle that has fallen into the spa and absolutely terrifies the Pussycat Lab.

Dog sees turtle

After she discovered the turtle, she ran around the spa three hundred times, stared at the strange and terrifying creature in disbelief, got closer, jumped back, and with great caution, approached it again. Repeat 30 times. She then noticed that her ball was floating in the main pool, right where she would have retrieved it had she not gotten side-tracked when she first noticed there was a strange and terrifying creature in the spa. She went into action mode, glanced at the turtle, glanced up at me, jumped into the water and retrieved the ball, then quickly tossed it onto the patio and ran back to the spa to again-and-oh-so-fearfully check out this creature. And circle the spa another hundred times.

Approach II

Eventually, I pulled the turtle out of the pool and sent it on its way in a nearby ditch. The minute I shut the gate to the back yard, Cheyenne excitedly retrieved the ball from the patio and dropped it at my feet. As I tossed it into the water, I couldn't help but think, That's my girl - protecting what's valuable in threatening times. For all she knew, the ship was sinking and someone had to grab the champagne.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's like a child. wonderful.

Reading said...

Priorities:
Food, ball, more food!

Sass said...

I think I've done the exact same thing as cheyenne