Thursday, June 22, 2006

A prosperous future, more earning power and the admiration of all

I got an email from "Robyn" yesterday. She was offering me a diploma that, according to her, I've already earned. Based on my present knowledge and life experience, I can - for a small fee - obtain the degree I deserve, said she. Then, she elaborated, I can get a promotion and the social advancement I desire. Best of all, this program eliminates classrooms and studying. If I choose to purchase the program, I can achieve my Masters, MBA or PhD. My favorite part of her email though is at the closing where it said, Your graduation is only a phone call away.

I was reading the email when my coworker came into my office laughing and carrying a print of the same email. Hers wasn't from Robyn though, hers was from a guy named Mike. The subject line on her email was Hot 'n' New Degree or Diploma of Your Choice. Throughout both emails, the word, Degree, was spaced out funny, like De gree and D eg ree and Degr ee. Which of course led us to think that Robyn and Mike were likely graduates from the program.

Also under email opportunities, the Japan Lottery Board has notified me that I won $1,000,000.00 in the lottery on June 14. And, you’ll never believe this, but I got another email from them notifying me that I won $1,000,000.00 in the lottery on June 17. Same numbers. Pretty amazing, isn’t it? And, it all took place under the watchful eyes of 18,000 spectators, so it must be true.

We’ll see which advances my social life quicker: Two million dollars or my new PhD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not both?

Sass said...

I see those prizes in the sky