Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh won't you play a game with me?

Ghost tagged me and I'm going to tag you so that you will be it and no longer me. I always hated playing games with the neighborhood kids and getting tagged and being It. The game rules: Post six random things about yourself. Tag six people. Link to the person who tagged you.

With that, let this little game begin, with one little twist, because I like to change things up a bit whenever I can.

Six random things about me (and this list is of random things about me today, and I want you to do the same, okay? Okay.):

1. Hard as I try, and I do try and have even torn out the page of instructions from the Martha Stewart Living magazine that I do not subscribe to but receive anyway, I am completely unable to correctly (neatly) fold the fitted bed sheet.

2. I hate changing lanes. Every time I change lanes, my heart lurches a little bit.

3. It seems that the whole world is intent on spelling my name wrong. It's either Allison or Alyson or Allysin or even Allycin. There's always an A and an L and an N but the other letters seem to be user's choice. I think that A-l-i-s-o-n is very basic, easy and even phonetic. But what do I know?

4. I usually spill or splash my coffee at least once before getting to my office. Most times, the spilled coffee gets on my clothes. The Tide To Go pen has been a lifesaver for me when it comes to this particular occurrence.

5. When I hit 40, those cute freckles I've always had were suddenly not so cute anymore and they scream age spot, age spot, AGE SPOT at me when I look in the mirror.

6. When I was in college, I bought a black and white photo postcard of a Gardenia in a vase. I had it framed and it's been hanging in one room or another of every home I've had since then. I've always liked Gardenias and have two plants in giant pots on my back porch. I take cuttings weekly, and today was the day this week.

008

And those are my six. I tag my friend Velvet. And Adam (do it about the girls, Adam). And Creekhiker. And Carmon. And Jessica. And Reading. And that is that.

4 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Oh Alison, I am so guilty of misspelling your name! I apologize! I have had three friends with your name in my lifetime. All of them spelled it differently. Allison, Alyson, Alicesone...none like yours either!

I have a passion for gardenias too!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the lane changes and I also have a name that is almost always misspelled...Carmon with an 'O' not an 'E'

PS - thanks for giving me something to write about today ;)

ghost said...

i didnt realize you had freckles.

yajeev said...

I once cleaned an entire large coffee from my pants using a tide-to-go pen.

then, at least, when i walked into work, i had a giant colorless mess on my pants (that ultimately disappeared within an hour), as opposed to the obvious giant brown stain of java.