Tuesday, August 18, 2009

She's in Fleetwood Mac, okay?

Yesterday I went to the AT&T store to retire my BlackBerry since whenever I pushed any key at all, it would default to U and provide me with my Personal Hurricane's United States cell phone number, which, by the way, is completely useless at this time of year since he's on his Croatia cell phone, but that's beside the point.

While the technician was transferring my phone book and photos and other stuff from the old phone to the new one, I decided to divorce Comcast and join AT&T U-Verse for all my phone, cable and wireless needs. The thought of a single bill thrills me to no end.

A young man named Greg was signing me up, and asking the standard questions of Social Security Number, full address, etc. Near the end of our Q&A session, he said he had one more question for security if ever I need to call about my account and I forget my PIN. Would I please provide him with an answer to one of the following questions:

My high school mascot
My favorite actor
My favorite singer

I responded.

He said, Steve Nicks? Is he an actor?

Gently, I smiled at him. You really don't know who I am, do you?

4 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

OMG!!! It's stuff like that makes me feel old!

ComcastCares1 said...

You can bundle your services with Comcast too. I can find out the current rates for you and possibly match it with what you currently have. Contact me if you are interested.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Anonymous said...

Earlier this month, Brian and I went to see Depeche Mode in Atlantic City (great show, btw). I mentioned it to our babysitter who is a Sophomore in college. She's never heard of them. So sad....
-sdhb

Jamie Turner said...

Funny story along the same lines. My wife has a friend named Jodi who met a guy at a party who was about 15 years her junior. Before long, they were in the kitchen kissing. Finally, after a long kiss, Jodi pushed back from the younger guy and said, "Stop. I can't do this."

He said, "Why not?"

She said, "I feel like Mrs. Robinson."

His response: "Who's Mrs. Robinson?"

Her response back to him: "That's EXACTLY my point!"

LOL. Funny.

Best, Jamie