Wednesday, September 08, 2010

New address

On the day I chose to move from my old house to my new house, mother nature had a little surprise in store for me.  The day was yesterday and the surprise?  A tropical storm that somehow I was completely unaware of until I opened the Tuesday morning paper and read that I could expect it to rain all day long.  And it did!

019

The rain made for a particularly wet move, and every towel I own was put to use on the floors.  The rain may have also made for a bit of stress on my part.

022

But soon enough, every piece of furniture and all the other items of my life were in the new house, my bed even made and ready for my tired self to land there.

027

And this morning? What a delight to wake up in my new home.  Now the fun begins!

5 comments:

Linda@VS said...

I'm glad you were able to move in spite of the rain. Your bedroom looks calm and peaceful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats- it looks beautiful. I had heard about the TS over the weekend, and thought of you and moving day.
-sdhb

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Congratulations. My life bless you and Chey with wonderful adventures in your new abode!

phx said...

Where did you get that bed? WANT! :)

TS said...

One box at a time...welcome to
your new home. Love the addition
to the stairwell...good for your
shoes and the baby as well!