Monday, September 20, 2010

The recipe

In response to last week's post, I present to you the recipe:

Chicken and Artichoke Casserole

1 3-lb. Frying chicken, cut into pieces
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 Paprika
3 Tbsp Butter
1 10-1/2 oz. can Condensed cream of chicken soup
1 Tbsp Chicken stock base
3 Tbsp Dry sherry wine
1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1 9-oz. can Artichoke hearts (Note: Double this. You won't be sorry)
1 4-oz. can Sliced mushrooms
  • Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. 
  • Melt butter in the casserole and roll chicken pieces in it.
  • Bake in hot oven (400°) until light brown, about 15 minutes.
  • Combine chicken soup, chicken stock base, sherry, lemon juice and tarragon and heat just to boiling. 
  • Arrange artichoke hearts between and among the chicken pieces, and spoon over drained mushrooms.
  • Pour hot soup/stock/sherry sauce all over the chicken, artichokes and mushrooms.
  • Cover and bake at (350°) for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
  • Do a little dance, because what you are about to eat is so very yummy.  Your tastebuds are going to be very happy with you.
Makes four servings.

052

3 comments:

Linda@VS said...

This sounds delicious! I will think of you and your mom, and the love that you shared, when I make this. Soon.

Duly Inspired said...

VS - I hope you do make it and I hope you do share it. :-) In a perfect world, I would love to make it FOR YOU! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, I love recipes, especially when memories are attached, even if they're not mine. I will make this for my mid-week dinner next week!
Sandy