Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
1 3-lb. Frying chicken, cut into pieces
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
3 Tbsp Butter
1 10-1/2 oz. can Condensed cream of chicken soup
1 Tbsp Chicken stock base
3 Tbsp Dry sherry wine
1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1 9-oz. can Artichoke hearts (Note: Double this. You won't be sorry)
1 4-oz. can Sliced mushrooms
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Melt butter in the casserole and roll chicken pieces in it.
- Bake in hot oven (400°) until light brown, about 15 minutes.
- Combine chicken soup, chicken stock base, sherry, lemon juice and tarragon and heat just to boiling.
- Arrange artichoke hearts between and among the chicken pieces, and spoon over drained mushrooms.
- Pour hot soup/stock/sherry sauce all over the chicken, artichokes and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake at (350°) for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Do a little dance, because what you are about to eat is so very yummy. Your tastebuds are going to be very happy with you.