Friday, January 06, 2012

Surgery update

Cheyenne's surgeon called yesterday afternoon to report that my girl came through her surgery like a champ.  The Laryngeal Paralysis was definitely an issue and she needed to have the tie-back surgery but it was not as advanced as we thought, which is really good news.  It turns out that she also had a large fatty lump in her throat and that was hindering her breathing as well. That lump has been removed. 

I spoke with the clinic several times yesterday and they updated me on her progress.  Last night when I called, the assistant told me she was standing right in front of her kennel and that Cheyenne was sound asleep.  I'm so glad she was able to rest.

Dixie has been looking for Cheyenne constantly.  She walks through the house upstairs and down, through the kitchen, the bathrooms and stops to look out the back door.  Then she goes out the front door and looks all over the front yard.  Bless her. 

I get to pick up Cheyenne some time tomorrow. It's like Christmas Eve all over again, I'm that excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This IS good news :)
sandy

Linda@VS said...

I know you and Dixie will be glad to have Cheyenne home. Happy for all three of you.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

So glad for the good news about your girl!!!