Friday, July 07, 2006

Taking Casual Friday to my own version of comfortable

The very same pair of brown leather sandals that I bought two years ago and wear like second skin in the summertime, the pair that sits in my garage and gathers dust in the wintertime, the pair that got saturated with salt water and covered with sand just last weekend, the pair that I hosed off and left to dry in the sun on the back porch, that's the pair that are on my feet today because it's Casual Friday and in addition to jeans, I can wear whatever pair of shoes I feel like wearing.

My Grandmother used to tell me that we cannot feel love for inanimate objects. That may be true, but what I feel for these sandals is darn close.

1 comment:

Sass said...

I call those sandals a feeling of home. I'm having a packing party - not quite as fun as casual friday - i smell from lifting boxes