Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Right this minute

There is a tree outside my office window, and in that tree is a bird. The bird is singing and chirping the sweetest song, he or she has so much joy or so much something to say out loud that there is a feeling of urgency in the song. Beautiful, bubbly, but urgent. I feel that I'm being serenaded by someone trying to make a point.

Me being me, I take it as a reminder to pause, pause long enough to see the beauty, to smell the roses (as it were). But that's me putting myself into this little bird's song. In truth I have stopped. Long enough to look at this little bird and feel the window of separation between us.

Hello little bird, what's on your mind?

2 comments:

ghost said...

kmdaaaktwhy, whats on the mind of all living things.

pizza

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Alison, You are so good at taking a moment to find beauty and even hope during these difficult times. Peace be with you.