Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tip for challenging times

I know, I know, it's been very solemn around here lately. I'd be something other than human if this time in my life was not challenging. It's been so much challenge, sometimes I feel as if I'm staggering a bit. It's as if I walked into a bar and said to the bartender, Give me a challenge, neat. Make it a double. And keep 'em coming.

But I have a little antidote. It sits in a file on my hard drive and I open it up when I need to smile. It's a photo of my dog and her strappingly handsome boyfriend Isaac... if they were meerkats. This is exactly how they are when they're together -- him minding his own business and her attacking him just because he exists.

31757405_c865dbd94a

If this picture doesn't make you laugh, there's something seriously wrong with you. As in, maybe you need to go to the doctor and get it checked out. Are you looking at it? It's funny. It's 6:00 in the morning and just looking at it one more time has me walking out the door laughing.

6 comments:

maxngabbie said...

Ugh, reading your blog lately has been difficult for me. Because your here and now will most likely be my future. My biggest fear is to become an orphan one day. That's how I identify it anyway. I don't want to let go of the aroma of my mothers home, dad's workshop outback, the home where they lovingly raised 5 children. My security. Maybe I don't want to grow up, it's the unknown.
Stay well during this change of season in your life.

maxngabbie said...

Oops, sorry, the photo is very funny, it reminds me of one of my 15 year olds attacking ME just because I exist ;)

Anonymous said...

"Hey you have something in your nose. Nevermind, I'll get it for you!"

ghost said...

::chuckles::

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Alison, Thanks for the giggle. Glad you can find some joy during this difficult time.

Linda@VS said...

Too cute! Thanks for the laugh.