Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Might be my favorite email this year

Received this afternoon from my friend in San Diego.

We have, as a society, absolutely lost our minds. Accessory lap-dogs, ten-year olds with cell phones, sixty dollar trucker hats, two-thousand dollar purses, reality television, daytime television, prime time television, "Music" Television, heck, all television; our decline into utter mindlessness has been swift and steady. But the capper, what has convinced me that we truly are without brains, that my impression of the universal idiocy of mankind is not merely a product of my admittedly limited patience is today's announcement of the release of the Spice Girls greatest hits album.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Thank God for good dogs who keep us sane!

Anonymous said...

True confessions...I, as a dutiful mother, took my very young daughter to the Spice Girls concert.
1. You couldn't hear a thing because of the screaming (my hearing is still recovering!)
2. You wouldn't believe the little girls dressed in spandex (and the amount of MONEY the families of those little girls must have spent on the said (much too hoochy for an 8-year old) "outfit"
3. Even when they got a 'standing ovation' us parents could still see, because of the short height of the fans
4. At one point, I had to shake my head because the 'girls' did an act which made them look totally nude! (what role models)

But the best part?...the beer lines were really short and that where you could find all the parents!!! (drinking heavily!)

ghost said...

your frined forgot to mention my blog on the mindless thing.

spice girls greatest hits? is it a blank disc?