Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bring it on!

Every morning at some point between 6:15 and 6:45, Cheyenne and I set out for our walk. The hour is particularly nice this time of year, the air cool, the light gentle, the birds singing and chirping, twittering and calling. I forget the earth sleeps in winter, and now all around me is growing, spreading and revealing itself. Just a few short weeks ago, all was brown and dull. Now the colors are radiant. Bright green new leaves cover the trees, pale cream jasmine bursts along fence lines, magnolia buds popping from deep green buds. Everything is outlined with newness, fragrance and the dewiness of new life. I walk through it all dizzy with the joy of being witness.

2 comments:

ghost said...

i really enjoy your spring awakening posts every year. they are so vivid it makes me wanna move to your neck of the woods.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Being witness to nature's bounty and beauty is one of the best things about walking the pup.