Thursday, April 03, 2008

With just a bit of butter

We're talking on the phone. His voice warm and familiar, deep and strong. I can picture his face, his expressions as he speaks. It takes not even a minute before we are riding the ease of our openness with each other, the ease of a friendship forged long ago. We take time to answer the simple question, How are you? He listens to my response. I listen to his response. We laugh here and there, I nod my head in agreement he cannot see. The conversation is not long, not spectacular, but comfortable. Like mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

ghost said...

mashed potatoes ARE spectacular.

Anonymous said...

I am note sure if you are talking about me but if so I am not sure that I like being compared to "mashed potatoes"... Although I make awsome mashed potatoes.

It was good to talk with you also.

Duly Inspired said...

TDH - Of course I was talking about you! I was speaking to the comfort of mashed potatoes. And I know you make awesome mashed potatoes. What was I supposed to say, like cream of wild rice soup???