Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend frick and tortured frack

007

Cheyenne's boyfriend is spending the weekend with us. Right now, every one of her toys is out of the toy box and all over the living room and kitchen. I want to tell them that they cannot play any more today until they clean up their mess, but they would ignore me, I just know they would. On Saturday, at the bottom of Cheyenne's toy box, Isaac discovered an old bone. It's been there for weeks and weeks, long forgotten by my girl. The minute Isaac found it, however, it became the most interesting thing in the house. He kept it between his giant lion's paws while she paced in circles around him, tormented. Then in what I imagine to be an exercise in paying her back for all the dirty tricks she's forever playing on him, he placed his paw on top of the coveted bone. That was too much for her and she collapsed on the floor before him and looked up at me with golden eyes pleading for me to do something about this travesty. He never chewed on the bone, mind you, just kept it away from her. Paybacks... you know what they say.

001

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ellie would have snatched that bone so fast! Your girl is far more of a lady... ;) Carmon

Linda@VS said...

Just like a couple of human kids! They're too cute.

Adam said...

Frick is a genius. Old bones are never interesting until someone else claims ownership. Surely Frack was just saving it for later.

ghost said...

its amazing to me just how much dogs are like children.

i especially liked the diagrahm depicting the story. that made my morning.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Too Funny! Cheyenne is so good. If Mabel could touch that bone with her elbow like that, it would've been hers!