Monday, July 06, 2009

Everybody knows one

When I was a young girl, my favorite person in my world outside of my parents was my Aunt Pattie. Aunt Pattie was my father's younger sister and she was the sparkle in my eye. She seemed more alive than other adults in my life, she laughed louder, hugged me tighter, talked to me more like a kid and less like an adult.

Cancer stole my Aunt Pattie's life.

Nature shows often make me think of Cancer. When I see the predator singling out and moving towards its prey, I always think, that's just like Cancer. Cancer relentlessly stalks its victims, cell by cell.

Cancer touches all of our lives in one form or another. We know someone fighting or, sadly, we've lost someone. We celebrate the survivors and we mourn those who did not survive.

This Saturday night, July 11th, is about a man who lost his battle with cancer. This Saturday night is for his family, his wife and two young daughters. The Saturday is about showing up and helping.

Friends of the Martin Steves Family present: An Evening of Cause.

Thank you to those of you who have donated money and your artwork to this cause. It takes one spark to start a fire of passion and change. Click on the link above for details. I hope to see you on Saturday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Pony Writer said...

Good luck Alison! I hope all goes well for you and the family!