Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Memories and fantasies

As I sit here on my couch with my right ankle beneath a bag of frozen peas and atop a pillow which is atop the coffee table, my thoughts turn to what I miss, what I fear is forever gone from my life.

Like these, for instance:


And this brown buckled baby:



And, seriously, I would like to walk into my closet every morning and see these, because they belong in my life!
This shoe? This was designed to wrap around my foot:

And if I could have a pair of these, I'd wear them every day with my faded jeans and happy toes.
But let's not forget what got me into this problem in the first place:



Aren't they lovely?  Lovely like the poison Juliet drank, that's how lovely they are.  With all that said, please hang your head in sadness and sympathy when I show you what surely I'll be wearing from now on:
You are sad for me, aren't you?  Yeah, I thought so.  Thanks, I'm sad for me too. 

1 comment:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Sadly those all left my life a decade ago. I hardly miss them at all!