Friday, October 29, 2010

Birthday girl

My girl, today is her day. On her AKC papers, she's Cheyenne's Ferguson Blue. It was all so formal in the beginning. These days she's Cheyenne. Or Little Brown Dog. Or LBD. Or Shiny. Or Shiny Hiney. Or Tiny. Or Tinykins. Or Cheyenna Bananna Monster (don't ask). Or Sugar Butt. Or Tine-Tines. Or Wooby Cat. Or Woobs Woobs. Or, plain old Dork.

She has gained so many nicknames over our years together; there's just something about her that begs for them.  Today, she's going to be called the Birthday Girl because today is her 10th birthday!  Honestly, I cannot imagine the past ten years without her. She's been my laughter, my rock, my responsibility, my joy, my frustration, my tickle, my pillow, my amusement, my travel buddy and my morning walking partner. She is my friend and I am hers. She and I, we're two in a row, and I will forever be thankful for the perfect gift that she continues to be.   

Cheyenne Collage III

Happy birthday, Pussy Cat.

4 comments:

Linda@VS said...

The bond you share with Cheyenne is obvious, and it moves me because I know exactly how strong that bond is. Happy Birthday, Cheyenne!

ghost said...

:) i like this.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Awwww... Happy Belated to your sweet girl!

I've heard it said that any dog worth her salt must have at least 14 names. I know that's true of mine!

Lilla said...

Happy Birthday, Cheyenne!