Thursday, March 30, 2006

Life at the top

I'm writing from my suite on the top floor of my hotel in Frazer, Pennsylvania. This suite was a little surprise when I checked in the other day. After I had kissed the ground in gratitude that I had finally arrived, and walked through the lobby that is an 18th century farmhouse with stone walls and a blazing fire, I breathed a sigh of relief at my familiar surroundings. Then I was told that I was being upgraded to a suite. In an instant, my luck had changed.

It's a lovely room with a view out my windows of an expanse of hills dotted with trees. There is fruit in a basket on the dresser, and the bathroom is about the size of a one-bedroom apartment. The bathtub rivals what I have at home. Down the hall from me is a cozy restaurant for guests of this floor. Yesterday morning, I was delighted to discover that I did not have to go to the main restaurant off the lobby, that I could find Starbucks coffee flowing freely there, and many local and national newspapers available for me. Just because I have a room at the top.

The QVC studio park is just down the road from here, so I imagine this floor was designed in mind of all the celebrities in town to promote their goods, all the celebrities whose framed photos line the halls, with cheesy signatures in black Sharpie pen thanking the hotel.

I haven't spotted any celebrities, but life at the top is still pretty good.

I suppose I should tell you that the top floor is the fifth floor. Still though, it's a floor above the preferred guest floor, and it did require inserting my key in the elevator slot to gain access.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you deserve it, alison. enjoy.

Sass said...

That's how you roll.

Adam said...

Thanks A LOT. Now I can't get "The Jeffersons" theme song out of my head!