Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fresh brew

For about four years now, I've quietly pursued the perfect cup of coffee, available to me in my own kitchen. I've tried this coffee maker and that -- percolator, drip, you name it. I've gone through mesh filters and paper filters. And I'm sure fifty brands of coffee as well. During my search, I became convinced it's not the coffee so much as the coffee maker. Good coffee is abundant these days, but the same cannot be said about good coffee makers... wait, good affordable coffee makers. But on Friday, I found the one. The perfect coffee maker, providing me with one perfect cup of coffee after another, cup by frothy cup.

Life is good

6 comments:

ghost said...

how does it feel to have at last reached the end of this life long quest?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Aren't you going to share the details for the rest of us STILL on this quest?

Duly Inspired said...

Ghost - While not the rumored pot of gold at the rainbow's end, it does qualify as paradise. Each and every morning. Yum!

CH - It's a Senseo. About $60.00 and worth every penny, roughly 20 cents per cup.

Anonymous said...

I find all my quests get easier when I lower my expectations.
But, if my coffee maker ever dies, I'll replace it with a Senseo. ;)

Duly Inspired said...

NG - Kill your coffee maker. You won't regret it, and you won't serve time for it.

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other post that was here for today? you know the one about 'every time you say you will call and you don't'...it was so raw and so RIGHT ON i was going to comment that it was so brilliant and thank you, for, through you words, allowing the rest of us to know that we are not alone. i tried to log on in my old name but it won't recognize me anymore so alas i am anonymous, which ain't so bad, really...

but i'll settle for learning about the coffee-maker.