Monday, November 26, 2007

This is about my loving you and you not listening

Every time you say you will call and you do not, everytime you make a promise and you do not keep it, you break my heart. Every morning, I pray. For you, for me. Every morning I call for your savior. Every morning, I try to find a new door, into your life. I try to understand how your mind works, how your heart works, how inside of each, it's apparently acceptable, the things you do. Every morning I know, no matter where you go, I'll go on loving you. No matter how much it takes from me. That's how it is with you. I hope you never know, but one day you'll understand. It's bigger than me, bigger than you. It's how life works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison, sometimes, your pain is like a tangible thing I can hold in my hand. It makes me almost glad I don't know you in person, so I don't feel like I have to try and save you from it.
Almost.

I hope the upcoming Christmas season sees you through better than Thanksgiving seemed to have. If there's anything you need, or want, just yell. I'll be in town and gloriously unburdened this year.

colorbars said...

aaahhh there it is again. this is just so raw and so right on.

ghost said...

sometimes you have to know when to stop looking for those doors, sis.