Monday, November 05, 2007

Lessons not yet learned, still

I'm in Chicago, yes I am. It's cold here. It's lightly snowing here. I wish I would have brought my coat here. My brain is apparently unable to compute that different locations around the country or around the world have different temperatures than what I have at home the day I pack my bags. How can it be cold in Chicago if it's 80 in Houston? How cold is cold, anyway? It cannot be that cold. They must be wrong. And off I go in my soon to be freezing my behind off idiocy. Ah, denial. A cold cup of coffee, it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, it just seems like a reason to buy a new coat and/or sweater, to me. Enjoy Chicago. I miss seeing her this time of year. When the leaves are all changing and even dropping off, she's a beautiful city.

Anonymous said...

If you have a chance listen to my lil sis on WBBM 780 AM...

ghost said...

im sorry for your chilly behind, but i must admit that this post did bring a smile to my fuzzy mug.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I've had some of my best wardrobe "finds" because I forgot to pack something practical on a trip. I'm a huge fan of Ross. Once I flew to Vegas...not that far from LA with no coat. Why would I need one there?

The winds were blowing and it was freezing! I took a bus to Ross and bought one of my favorite jackets for $10!

Stay warm Alison!