Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Have I mentioned that we're never leaving? Oh, you think I'm kidding but what you don't know is that I'm in love. I am in love with the sun and the sky. I know it's hopeless but I can't help myself. Do you blame me?

New Mexico Dec 2008 031

My nephew and I went to town yesterday to pick up a few things and after I snapped out of my romantic awe of the sunset, we went to Walmart, where once inside I was knocked out by all the Christmas sites and sounds and suddenly was all Christmas tree, Christmas tree, we have to get a Christmas tree! And ornaments, we have to get ornaments! And my nephew, he was taking steps to distance himself from me and mumbling, Um, calm down Aunt Alison.

New Mexico Dec 2008 038

Of course we came home with a Christmas Tree! And my friend Mindy's little puppy was all kinds of curious over the ornaments hanging from the tree, and he helped himself and we were all, Piedmont, NO!

New Mexico Dec 2008 034 New Mexico Dec 2008 036

Cheyenne didn't give a hoot about the tree or the ornaments because when she noticed that Piedmont was wearing a sweater, she was all OHMYGOD THE SWEATER, I have to get rid of that sweater. She chewed and pulled and growled, and held him down and would not stop until we stopped laughing and realized she wasn't going to stop, so removed the sweater. It was freaky to watch. And cute. But still freaky, even though I thought it was mostly cute.

But that was yesterday.

Today we drove to Santa Fe and walked the dogs all over the plaza and bought 12 pounds of silver jewelery that we don't need and sweatshirts and tee-shirts that we also don't need and then we had the best lunch in the entire world because 1) it was on a heated balcony overlooking the plaza and 2) the hatch chili soup was caviar and champagne but a lot less expensive.

And when we got back to our little cabin, it started snowing. And snowing. And snowing. And according to the forecast, it's not going to stop. Have I mentioned that we're never going to leave?

New Mexico Dec 2008 014
New Mexico Dec 2008 003

2 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Sounds Blissful!

Unknown said...

I'm really disappointed the weather wasn't with us for you to come up and visit, but glad you are all having such a good time! I'll be posting later of all we did yesterday to get ready for three or more feet of snow up where we are. It's been snowing steadily since yesterday evening and I'm glad you are getting your white Christmas, and that you are in love with our beautiful state! Hopefully, that means you will come back and visit again...