Thursday, January 17, 2013

Baby it's cold outside

Photo Challenge Day 17 - Water

Today is the second day of clear blue skies here. Had only this photo prompt been earlier in the week I would have had so very many options, from drips to flows to pours.

Alas, even though science was not my strength, I do know that water is either solid, liquid or gas. Since it froze here last night, I present the solid, or ice state of water.

I'm sure that friends in the northeast would find this photo laughable but this indeed is winter moisture on the ground. Not snow, but a light frost on the grass. Look closely, it is there. This is the winter wonderland of my front yard.

PhotoChallenge17 by groth.alison
 

1 comment:

Linda@VS said...

I always enjoy watching my the expressions on my dogs' faces as they mince their way through the first frosted grass of the season. That icy crunch seems to confuse them.