Friday, August 12, 2005

Why I say life is good

Woke up at 9:43 this morning because my champagne-soggy self last night decided that I should close the bedroom curtains and forgo setting the alarm because sleeping in would be a fun thing to do.

Arrived at office at very tardy hour of 11:00.

At 11:30, a woman from our accounting department walked into my office and handed me my pay stub from direct deposit - something that usually goes through inner-office mail - and says, "I'm delivering the ones that have checks with them," as I notice the paperclip.

I open the envelopes and one does in fact contain a check, a very large check. Made out to me.

I call back to her, "What is this?"

"Oh it's your extra bonus, didn't anyone tell you?"

No, no one told me. And although I find the term extra bonus to be absurd, I must say it's also very nice.

1 comment:

Sass said...

WOW what a great surprise