Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Just outside my door

My path is dappled with soft morning light. The breeze blows both warm and cool. A certain quiet begins to fall on the land as the plants and trees lean towards dormancy. We expect the first cool front this week, and it's in the wind. This, this is October. Look through the trees and they gradually will let more and more light through. Soon I'll see the long V of geese overhead. My walk this morning was soaked with the serenity and peacefulness this month always hold for me. It sweetens my heart, slows my breathing, calms my mind. October makes me think of things I may have forgotten – the cicadas singing in the night, a full moon on the water, cheerful voices, happy prayers. October makes me think of faith. The tide turns, the season changes, the heart heals.

No comments: