Tuesday, August 01, 2006

In the beginning

Something clicked during the night. I awoke this morning and was simply happy to be alive.

Cheyenne and I went two miles this morning instead of my typical lazy one mile as of late, and sporadic at that. And we ran this morning. Cheyenne? She turned her head back to me. Want to run? She didn't bother responding but excitedly shot off as a brown blur in front of me.

Down along the edge of the bayou, grapevines swung in the growing light. Brown water swirled and flowed. The winding path and familiar Oak trees stretched out ahead of me. The dawning light fell over and across me. Every moment knocked softly on my heart.

Today is the first day of August. Today is another day in the chain. Today is a day that I won't let my life interfere with my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

elegant, alison. beautiful.