Saturday, August 26, 2006

Today's .02

Besides my general mental and emotional state of health (or lack thereof), two things are furrowing my brow at the moment:

1) Pluto's being stripped of planetary status. This disturbs me in more than my imagining all the text books having to be edited and the little songs created to aid in remembering the planetary system that will have to be revised to remove the letter, P. It disturbs me that we can have a do-over of this magnitude. To me, Pluto will always be a planet. I can only hope that, like Vanessa Williams, Pluto finds success elsewhere after being stripped from its status.

2) McDonalds is putting toy Hummers in its Happy Meals. Is Hummer trying to recruit its potential buyers at an early age like Philip Morris did with the coolness of Joe Camel? Or is McDonalds trying to recruit kids to their Happy Meals by using Hummer as a carrot? It turns my stomach to think that little Johnny wants to drive the same gas-guzzler that mommy drives. The H3 that Daddy gave her, the one parked next to the H2. It pisses me off that there are not comparatively sized GI-Joes. Either way, these two getting in bed together is two times wrong on both sides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay. the hummer thing. youre absolutly right. and the pluto thing? for goodness sake, its a planet. its always been a planet. leave it alone.

i dont care what these scientists say, pluto is, and always will be a planet. just think of all the childrens songs and lesson plans that will have to be tossed out.

i dont know why, but i became upset when i read that they did this the other day.