Thursday, August 03, 2006

Shine on


This morning I took a run along a ski trail circling a lake with my name in it. Saw a rabbit with a brown back who also saw me and scampered deeper into the woods. I heard twittering birds and felt long golden rays breaking through the branches above. Mist in a meadow. Tall furry trees with wide limbs like open benches I could have crawled onto and day-dreamed. And bright green leaves shimmering with dew, competing for attention with showly thistle of purple. In the air a scent of trees and flowers unfamiliar but friendly. In the air a new light around every corner, calling me onward.

I have two women on my mind. Neither will ever see what I saw today. One is in my memory; the other my prayers.

IMG_2390 IMG_2393 IMG_2395 IMG_2399 IMG_2397 IMG_2398

2 comments:

Sass said...

You're in my prayers. You found what I love about running - it takes you off the beaten path to a place where cars or bikes can't go.

Linda@VS said...

nYour photos are lovely, as are your thoughts. You're a good daughter, Alison.