Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Not even with a saddle and his hooves tied, would I

This is a picture of my friend and her schmoopy-baby-mushy-mushy-mushy-love-bucket, otherwise known as Nevin. Nevin is a big lug of gentle giant, a black-as-ink Limousine Bull. She pretty much has him wrapped around her little finger with all the love she gives him ( in the form of curry combing and extra treats and wheelbarrow loads of attention). My friend loves and pampers him so much that any day now I expect to find him in their house, perhaps on his back waiting for her to rub his belly or to hand feed him the finest cuts of grass available.

As sweet as she has made him, he's still a gigantic animal, an unpredictable animal. And a BULL to boot. What's funny about this photo is that my friend is not a risk taker. When driving, she doesn't approach the speed limit, much less speed. She will manipulate rules but rarely breaks them. She's afraid of things that go bump in the night. And yet. And yet, without an ounce of hesitation, she'll skip-to-the-Lou-my-darlin' jump on the back of her gigantic schmoopy baby and give him a full body hug.

Big Hunk of Love

Note his head is bigger than her body.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite a picture. I just can't imagine being able to do that. His size is just too intimidating for me. Of course, the size of horses intimidates me!

ghost said...

i was charged by a bull when i was 13. thing hit me so hard i lost my breath and saw stars for a moment. im glad it threw me through a barbed wired fence. that alone kept me from gett trounced when it came back to finish me off. they are so powerful it boggles the mind.