Friday, December 07, 2007

For today, Pearl Harbor Day

This photo was taken from the Pearl Harbor Memorial, built over the sunken USS Arizona, this summer. My friend emailed this photo to me this morning. I love this photo so am going to share it with you. You might love it too, or you might not. Maybe you'll just like it. But whether you love it or like it or don't feel anything either way about it, I bet that a little rush of something will run through you when you first see it. Did you feel it, that little rush? What do you think that is?

hawaii 163

4 comments:

ghost said...

i call it pride.

Network Geek said...

I knew a man who got the Navy Cross for his part in Pearl Harbor. He was in command of the first squadron in the air against the Imperial fleet. It was a torpedo bomber squadron. They'd been on a training mission, with live ammunition and, when they heard the reports on the radio, they flew in against friendly fire to refuel and get back in the air.
He's passed away now, but I was honored to have known him.

Linda@VS said...

Beautiful!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I love it!