Tuesday, December 11, 2007

No camera

It was not cold this morning, it wasn't even chilly. In fact, it's muggy and hot and nothing at all what I think December 11 should be like. Doesn't matter what I think, the weather is out of my control (Global Warming notwithstanding).

Cheyenne, on the other hand, set out this morning with the same bounce in her step usually only brought out when frost covers the grass. Maybe it's the excitement of her jingle bell collar, I'm not sure, but she circled and butt-tucked and kept her brown tail wagging at egg-beater pace the entire walk.

When we approached two neighbors, Cheyenne circled them and snorted and butt-tucked ran between them and me, and one commented that she was the happiest dog he'd ever seen. I thought about that a minute as as I watched the blur of her movement and I told him it was the same with me. That dog, she is most certainly happy. She takes to each day with such excitement that one can't help but smile. Cheyenne has "live for the day" fully ingrained in her genes. I find that to be a delightful reminder to do the same.

7 comments:

Network Geek said...

I do believe that is why God invented dogs - to remind us to live in the moment. I know it's why I'm glad I have my Hilda to come home to at night.

maxngabbie said...

I would like to be a dog when I grow up.

ghost said...

makes me feel good when i see my children playing and laughing with no cares.

Anonymous said...

Imagine the life... sleep in your bed, free run of a nice home, travel, constantly protected from others, eats well, able to steal a little extra how and them getting away with it by looking sad, cared for like princess, and get me backside scratches daily. Quite the existence she has.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

My walks with my girl bring me such joy...just watching how happy she is.

Your Chey is such a special girl and I know she is a blessing to you...and you to her!

Linda@VS said...

My Butch is happy all the time, and I love that about him. Kadi is happy most of the time, but she clearly gets bent out of shape if Butch gets the "best" place on the sofa -- or if anything in the house gets moved to where it shouldn't be. Of course, I love her for her idiosyncrasies.

A perpetually happy dog, like a perpetually happy human, helps us remember to count our blessings.

Adam said...

Thanks for that Golden video link you sent. My girls are currently hold up in a kennel not 2 miles from my house, but my flight landed too late for me to go pick them up. I'm so tempted to don some black camouflage and go bust them out...Happy dogs rule!!!