Tuesday, December 25, 2007

On my nose and eyelashes

Merry Christmas, from me to you. It's Christmas morning as I write this. I'm sitting at the dining room table in the little cabin we rented. Out the window, the snow is falling. I've forever dreamed of waking up on Christmas morning to snow falling outside my window. Until this morning, the dream has gone unfulfilled. What I've learned is that sometimes you can't sit and wait for your dream, you have to go to it.

The children and my friend are sleeping. It's deliciously and peacefully quiet and I'm deliciously and peacefully content. I'm also spiritually uplifted. Hard not to be with these surroundings, but I believe it more to do with the Christmas Eve Service I attended last night at a tiny Episcopal church that opened it's doors to me and let me sing Christmas songs and get on my knees in prayer and open my heart in celebration and joy. It was the first time I've worn jeans to church, but that's all I had and that's okay because I fit right in with the rest of the people there.

Earlier this morning, I took Cheyenne for a walk, first putting on her jingle bell collar and her new coat that she loves and does a little dance around my feet whenever I hold it up to put it on her. While out there in the snowy elements, I took this picture. It's peaceful, and that's why I'm posting it. I want to share it with you. I hope that your Christmas is filled with peace and joy.

IMG_0359

5 comments:

maxngabbie said...

Merry Christmas to you Alison!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Alison, That's just postcard perfect! Peace and Joy to you, your extended family and Cheyenne. You deserve this rest and joy.

Now, how about a photo of Chey modeling her new coat??

Linda@VS said...

Your photo belongs on a Christmas card, Alison, and I could sense the joy and serenity in every word you wrote. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! I'm so happy to know you are somewhere north of us, basking in the same snowy beauty. May the peace and contentment you feel now make the journey back home with you. Carmon

ghost said...

the weather here was perfect, though, i do remember one christmas waking to snow. there is something magical about it isn't there?