Monday, February 21, 2005

A few things on my mind

  1. If one more person utters or refers to me having closure now that we have scattered my father's ashes at sea, I think I'll just have to ask them if they are f---ing kidding me. I know they mean well, but it's only been two weeks. Life is moving forward and dragging me along with it, but closure? I think not.
  2. I have a senior colleague in this office, about 20 years older than me, who has lost his own father so has been down this path before, but he refuses to not only walk lightly around me but to be gentle at all. So, he of course did not hesitate to ask me first thing this morning to go on a completely unnecessary trip to South Carolina at the end of the week for a few days. Um, no?
  3. So Paris Hilton's address book has been pilfered and posted on the internet. This made the CNN/Money headline news in my News Alert e-mail this afternoon. Maybe I'm missing somthing but I fail to see the news worthiness.
  4. I cannot see. Seriously, something is up with my vision. My brother once told me that when it goes, it goes like that. He wasn't kidding. This one I can control, so eye doctor appointment is at 4:30 this afternoon. I'd really like to have focus again. In more ways than one.

No comments: