Thursday, May 19, 2005

And now for something completely different

I’m asking myself, Alison, will you ever again write about anything other than your dog? Because I know that at some point, people are going to start saying that they really do not care to read another word about the dog.

So for those of you who fall into that category, let me offer up this: Stevie Nicks. She’s coming to Houston in July. I have the notion that her tour manager secretly does not like her because she’s always scheduled in our outdoor venue in the summertime. What’s up with that? Anything outdoors in Houston in July that does not involve a pool or the few moments it takes to get from your air conditioned house to your air conditioned car, or your air conditioned car to the air conditioned building that houses your job or your grocery or otherwise shopping needs, well, it’s just insane. Nonetheless, she’s going to be here so we’re going to be there. I just got the confirmation email from my friend, Carrie. It’s a birthday thing for me. Four of us are going to sit on the hill and sweat, for sure, but we’re also going to sing and dance and drink beer and rock and sway to the music. I know this because we've done it before. And as far as repeating experiences goes, this one is well worth it. Oh yeah.

Now, be warned, the next post will be about the girl. Because, seriously, she’s the most precious creature on the planet and I am all wrapped up in that. And it’s perfectly okay with me if you think I’m pathetic and you’re embarrassed for me. Perfectly okay.

No comments: