Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy absence, thrilling return

We arrived home in one piece a few hours ago, no thanks to the cab driver who I had to request to please stop driving 90 miles an hour and cutting people off on the freeway. I asked him if he was from New York. He laughed. All of this after we argued in front of the cab stand as to whether we live in Zone 2 or Zone 3. It's a $20.00 difference and I wasn't about to budge because I know that the zones have not changed since our cab ride Christmas morning. Happily, that's the only negative of the past three days.

I want to tell you all about it, about St. Francis Cathedral where we sat together on Christmas day, about the horseback ride in the mountains, about the drive along a winding and climbing road through the mountains up to Taos, about the snow and the sunsets seen from our balcony, about the many deep breaths I took thinking this is exactly where I want to be and exactly who I want to be with. But right now, there's laundry to be done, a reunion with that now very happy Lab of mine, and sleep to be had.

Sunset, Christmas Day Blue Miles and miles

1 comment:

Linda@VS said...

Ain't love grand? And love at Christmas time? And in a beautiful vacation spot? Mmmm-mmm!