Sunday, December 10, 2006

They do work, those alarms

When I decided to skip out of work on Thursday and head to the cabin for an early weekend, I was thinking that this trip would be a relaxing one for me because I was all too aware of the hazards that can lead to fires and would surely avoid those hazards since I'm so in the know about that subject now.

Friday morning, a neighbor joked with me that my brother had called him the night before and suggested he put a smoke bomb under the house. You know, just for the fun of flipping me out. Ha ha ha, I laughed along with him. I'll never live that down, I thought to myself.

With the temperature hovering at freezing, and sleet coming down, I decided to allow myself to build and enjoy a fire in the fireplace. Where fires belong.

The ambiance set, safe and warm inside while the weather was cold and miserable outside, some food was in order. And here is where my troubles began. Again.

Placing nachos into the oven, I thought that I should check my email since I had work to get done, whether I was at the cabin or not. Sometime later, when smoke was pouring from the oven, I remembered the nachos. And then the smoke alarms went off. Something they did not do just a few weeks ago, so I will say that I'm glad to know that at least they work.

And I'll leave it at that.

Kiss kiss Sit and think
Happy dog Autumn Blaze Maple
Cabin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they let you around matches and lighters?

Linda@VS said...

Dear Arson...er, I mean Alison:
Please don't light any Christmas candles, okay?