Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Revisiting the meaning

Well over a year ago, I posted something about Ecclesiastes. At the time, I realized that I could recognize the words, but was only beginning to comprehend the meaning.

I realize again that understanding this is a process not unlike learning to read. I thought I’d be able to understand the whole by now, but still my focus is on the building blocks. Someday, someday I will understand the whole. For now though, as it was then, I do trust it's there.

Too everything there is a season,
a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant,
and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison, I think it takes everyone a lifetime to really understand all that, if we ever really do. The part that always gets me is what to hold on to and what to let go of...

Linda@VS said...

"To everything, turn, turn, turn..."

You're right; it's an ongoing process.