Thursday, February 07, 2008

We'll have none of that

I've removed the post I wrote two days ago, the one in which I lamented the words of others but clearly said two times that I believed that the subsequent pain I was feeling was a result and not anything intentional.

I did so for two reasons: Firstly, one of the people who had upset me has apologized sincerely and we've discussed the matter and, most importantly, resolved the matter. She had not yet read what I'd written and I didn't see any need for her to do so at this point.

The second reason is that when this morning a comment turned nasty (not to mention juvenile) and personally aimed, and was written anonymously, it was time for me to remove myself (my words) from the field, because that bit of nastiness, that was intentional.

Whoever the Anonymous is in this case, and only you know who you are, rather than lurk around my site, I suggest that you hold a mirror up to your face and repeat these words: Shame on you.

5 comments:

Linda@VS said...

I saw the snarky comment earlier today, and I hope you won't give it more than a minute's worth of thought. The delete key was no doubt designed specifically to manage the occasional Internet troll.

Duly Inspired said...

V.S. -- Thanks for your words, and reminding me about the word, snarky. That's a fun one!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I love "snarky" too! That's the reason I approve my comments... I had some real snarky ones when I first started.

Anyway, Alison, stay strong!

Unknown said...

I missed the comments and I'm glad I did because I really identified with what you had to say. When my best friend and spirit sister died, I started calling myself 'the illegitimate mourner' because no one really understood how deeply I grieved since I wasn't immediate family. They expected me to just pull everything together for them and keep going. It made me appreciate the old custom of wearing black for a year. It let people know without words that you need some time and space to heal. Take good care of yourself - Carmon

ghost said...

sounds like he/she was a coward. you're a better person than me, sis. i would have got down in the mud with em. good for you.