Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The dangers of excess

When it comes to energy, when I have it I typically spend every bit. This weekend was no exception. In addition to the gym Saturday morning and organizing and cleaning out my garage Saturday afternoon, and the three-mile walk Sunday morning, on Sunday afternoon I decided to go to the garden center and buy five bags of potting soil, several pots and two flats of geraniums and other flowering plants. My little patio was blanketed in leaves fallen from the neighbor's tree over the Winter and the plants there were in desperate need of larger pots, the empty pots were begging to be filled again with dirt and plants. So, I tackled that project as well. I raked, swept, bagged, transferred, poured, planted and rearranged. When I went to bed Sunday night, I was delighted with myself for my progress over the weekend. Monday morning and even this morning, I'm still delighted but I'm paying for it in muscle currency. Two days later, I still have not refilled my supply of energy. It's only 7:00 in the morning and I'm already looking forward to going to sleep tonight.

But, my garage is clean and my little patio is alive with color.

001 002 004

3 comments:

ghost said...

the time change probably didnt help any either.

Unknown said...

Oh I am so wanting spring! I keep going out on the deck and checking on my roses, mulched in manure and straw with a deep blanket of snow, and I can't help but sigh. It will be almost two more months before they will be ready to come out of their nests and I can start planting the summer deck garden. More photos of yours please! Carmon

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Ok... I'm tired just READING about your weekend!

Are you one of those people who goes to work to get some rest?