Thursday, March 06, 2008

You must remember this

A good friend of mine read my words here recently and she emailed me some encouragement:

You must remember this: You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

I recognized the words but could not place them. I knew I'd written them before and read them before, but also knew they weren't my own. I wrote her back and asked about them.

She responded: That's what Christopher Robin said to Pooh.

How comforting it was for me that my friend sent me Christopher Robin's words of encouragement today. Not only is the message something I needed to hear, but the connection to my favorite bear, to Mom's favorite bear, has me taking the words and wrapping them around me in safe, cozy and familiar warmth.

2 comments:

Linda@VS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda@VS said...

Good advice from your good friend--and from Christopher Robin.

(Sorry about the deleted comment; I screwed it up the first time.)