Friday, March 21, 2008

Two jabs and a right

Continuing along in my goal to learn something new each month of 2008, March presented me with a bit of a quandry. I wanted to take another photography course. I'd taken one in January and in February, but the next level course I wanted to take is not being taught in March. I thumbed through the catalog of courses in other subjects and though there was a lot offered of interest, nothing that grabbed my attention would fit into my schedule. And then I walked past the answer, on the other side of a glass wall at my gym. Boxing. It had what I was looking for: something I didn't know anything about, and something that would be good for me. On Wednesday, I went to class. I can now tell you that boxing is not only a temendous full-body workout, but it's fun! After one hour, I am hooked. Next Wednesday? Boxing class.

001

3 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Oh what fun! I tried Hapkido once and quickly realized that while I did not mind flipping others, I did not like being flipped! I imagine I would feel the same about boxing! LOL! Have fun!

Network Geek said...

You know, I've never actually taken a real boxing class. I sort of learned what I know the hard way. So, remember to keep your gloves up, protect you face, and breathe. It's amazing how you can actually forget to breathe because there's so much to remember when you're in the ring. Also, work the body. Er, your opponent's body that is. Body blows will wear a guy down faster than you can imagine. And, most people you might have to box in the street aren't prepared for a good shot to the midsection.
Fun stuff.

Linda@VS said...

My younger daughter has been taking a six-week intensive "boot camp" at her gym, and she told me recently that they'd spent one session boxing. She loved it!